By Mely Caballero-Anthony
With the tip of the chilly conflict, threats to nationwide protection became more and more non-military in nature. matters equivalent to weather swap, source shortage, infectious ailments, average mess ups, abnormal migration, drug trafficking, info protection and transnational crime have come to the vanguard. This e-book offers a finished creation to Non-Traditional protection suggestions. It does so by:
- Covering modern protection concerns in depth
- Bringing jointly chapters written via specialists in each one area
- Guiding you in the direction of extra fabric in your essays and tests via extra analyzing lists
- Giving designated reasons of key concepts
- Testing your realizing via end-of-chapter questions
Edited via a number one determine within the box, this can be an authoritative advisor to the foremost recommendations that you will come upon all through your non-traditional, and environmental, safety reports classes.
Read or Download An Introduction to Non-Traditional Security Studies: A Transnational Approach PDF
Similar civil rights & liberties books
This learn examines the narrated existence reports of eleven African American intellectual-activists. An intellectual-activist is outlined as someone whose schooling has supplied her or him with a physique of information to which he/she is constantly including (intellectual self) and who works day-by-day for, or has a profession devoted to, the betterment of African American humans (activist self).
In 2011, lately elected Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker brought his model of “dropping a bomb” with the finances fix invoice. A View from the internal covers the thirty stressful days following his statement that might positioned an finish to public unions in Wisconsin. One and a part million humans descended upon the Capitol development in Madison, jamming its hallways and flooding its grounds to protest.
Affirmative motion continues to be a hotly contested factor on our political panorama, but the institutionalized structures of privilege which uphold the established order stay unchallenged. Many american citizens who suggest a merit-based, race-free worldview don't recognize the platforms of privilege which gain them.
This edited quantity provides a critique of citizenship as solely or even initially a ecu or 'Western' establishment. It explores the ways that we may perhaps start to imagine otherwise approximately citizenship as political subjectivity.
- Beyond the Crises: Zimbabwe's Prospects for Transformation
- Bullies: How the Left's Culture of Fear and Intimidation Silences Americans
- Bloody Lowndes: Civil Rights and Black Power in Alabama’s Black Belt
- At the Edges of Citizenship: Security and the Constitution of Non-citizen Subjects
- The Anatomy of Racial Inequality (The W. E. B. Du Bois Lectures)
- Black Diplomacy: African Americans and the State Department, 1945-69: African Americans and the State Department, 1945-69
Additional resources for An Introduction to Non-Traditional Security Studies: A Transnational Approach