By Ali Ahmad Jalali
Read Online or Download A Military History of Afghanistan: From the Great Game to the Global War on Terror (Modern War Studies (Hardcover)) PDF
Similar asian history books
Residing within the files makes use of the writing of 3 twentieth century Indian ladies to interrogate the prestige of the conventional archive, examining their memoirs, fictions, and histories as counter-narratives of colonial modernity. Janaki Majumdar used to be the daughter of the 1st president of the Indian nationwide Congress.
The Kashmir clash, the continuing border dispute among India and Pakistan, has sparked 4 wars and value hundreds of thousands of lives. during this cutting edge ethnography, Ravina Aggarwal strikes past traditional understandings of the conflict—which are likely to emphasize geopolitical protection matters and spiritual essentialisms—to reflect on the way it is skilled by means of these residing within the border zones alongside the road of regulate, the 435-mile boundary isolating India from Pakistan.
This can be the tale of the elite jap military Air strength (JAAF) aces that flew the Kawasaki Ki-61 Hien (Swallow), and the Ki-100 Goshikisen within the Pacific Theatre of worldwide warfare 2. the previous, codenamed 'Tony' via the allies, was once a technically first-class airplane, owning energy, balance and an excellent expense of climb - differing noticeably from the standard jap philosophy of establishing mild, ultra-manoeuvrable warring parties.
The chinese language economic system has been the topic of considerable study in recent times within the usa and in a foreign country. a lot has been made from major strides towards business improvement because the Communist takeover. however it is most unlikely to appreciate what has been accomplished until one measures those earnings opposed to fiscal occasions within the pre-Communist interval.
- China's Second Capital – Nanjing under the Ming, 1368-1644 (Asian States and Empires)
- The China Problem in Postwar Japan: Japanese National Identity and Sino-Japanese Relations (SOAS Studies in Modern and Contemporary Japan)
- Politics at Mao's Court: Gao Gang and Party Factionalism in the Early 1950s (Studies on Contemporary China)
- Gujarat Beyond Gandhi: Identity, Society and Conflict (Routledge South Asian History and Culture Series)
- Toppling the Taliban: Air-Ground Operations in Afghanistan, October 2001–June 2002 (Research report (Rand Corporation) ;)
Extra info for A Military History of Afghanistan: From the Great Game to the Global War on Terror (Modern War Studies (Hardcover))