By Garry L. Hagberg,Walter Jost
- Helpfully teams essays into the field's major sub-categories, between them ‘Relations among Philosophy and Literature’, ‘Emotional Engagement and the adventure of Reading’, ‘Literature and the ethical Life’, and ‘Literary Language’
- Offers a mix of analytical precision and literary richness
- Represents an exceptional paintings of reference for college kids and experts alike, perfect for direction use
Read or Download A Companion to the Philosophy of Literature PDF
Best aesthetics books
Intesa da Hegel come forma di pensiero non scientifico e contrapposta in quanto story al concetto, los angeles rappresentazione è destinata a oscillare fra l'elemento sensibile e quello universale. Il libro indaga le different funzioni della nozione di rappresentazione nella "Fenomenologia dello spirito".
A whole and unique thought of aesthetics in line with Marx and Althusser within the modernist Marxist anti-humanist culture (Brecht, Althusser, Benjamin, Adorno). the most innovations that come up from this paintings are: the classy point of perform, aesthetic kingdom apparatuses, aesthetic interpellation, and pseudo dialectics, all of that are used to appreciate the function of aesthetic event and its position in way of life.
It’s a platitude – which just a thinker might dream of denying – that while phrases are attached to what they symbolize in simple terms via arbitrary conventions, photos are attached to what they characterize by means of resemblance. an important distinction among my portrait and my identify, for instance, is that while my portrait and that i are hooked up by way of my portrait’s resemblance to me, my identify and that i are hooked up only by means of an arbitrary conference.
Why theatre now? Reflecting at the mixture of demanding situations and possibilities that face theatre in groups which are inevitably turning into international in scope and technologically pushed, In Defence of Theatre deals a variety of passionate reflections in this very important query. Kathleen Gallagher and Barry Freeman assemble nineteen playwrights, actors, administrators, students, and educators who speak about the position that theatre can – and needs to – play in specialist, group, and academic venues.
- All Ears: The Aesthetics of Espionage
- The Art of Reconciliation: Photography and the Conception of Dialectics in Benjamin, Hegel, and Derrida
- Work and Object: Explorations in the Metaphysics of Art
- The Aesthetics of Care: On the Literary Treatment of Animals
- Adorno and Art: Aesthetic Theory Contra Critical Theory
- Ästhetik der Simulation: Formen des Produktionsdenkens im 19. Jahrhundert (Topos Poietikos) (German Edition)
Additional resources for A Companion to the Philosophy of Literature